Monday, March 24, 2014

Secrets,Fairy Dust and Betrayal.

I was alive. I knew I would be when I jumped at the multi winged freak. I can't die. The curse has rules, like all things. My transformation, my weaknesses. I don't know if a weapon MADE of gold needs to be used to kill me or I need to swallow wolfsbane or what. But I've tried normal razor blades, a jump into traffic and finally a noose. All that achieved was a dirty bathtub, bumps and bruises(which lasted for all of five minutes)and a sore neck. Then I had to get back down again.

I woke up on a rooftop, naked and alone. From where I was, I could hear the sirens, see the red and blue flashing lights. It was night still, but was it the SAME night? Then I saw them. Papers. Lots of them, warning me of the Carrion Eaters, saying a lone wolf dies. I didn't know what to make of them, but some pants were left there for me as well, so I was grateful to the creeps for doing it.

I still had my coin, so I let it spin. I needed to find Robin, she had run off, I needed to explain, had to make sure she was okay. Turns out I made a terrible mistake. I saw her. I recognized the street. I took off.

When I arrived, Robin was standing there. She looked upset. Angry. But also determined. She had a scent of excitement, a nervousness to her eyes, but also one of the oddest things I've ever smelled. It was a mix of things. Robins hair, but intensified. Allison's perfume. Mint. Fresh blood. Steak. And a mix of thousands of other things all in one, it was so odd. I tried to ask Robin how she was, apologize for scaring her with my monster form. She simply reached into a bag she carried with her and blew dust into my face. The smells intensified and then they stopped. All of them. I could barely smell anything. I asked Robin what had happened. My connection to the moon was gone. I couldn't see in the dark, couldn't smell someone on the other side of town, couldn't believe that I couldn't hear the police across town. I asked her what she had done and she simply backed away. Suddenly, a door appeared from nowhere and Vincent was just THERE. He grabbed her and pulled her through and they were gone, leaving me alone. And I began to feel my heart pound, realizing how cold it was out. How lonely. Lone wolves die. But i wasn't a wolf anymore. I wasn't anything. And if I died again, it would be for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment