Monday, March 24, 2014

In which a new friendship is made and trust is established.

As I arrived, Robin was exiting the hospital. She looked like she had been through a wringer and wanted nothing to do with me. I decided to say my piece and go. She didn't want me around and she didn't need me. I told her about her brother and what had happened. She stared at me, confused and upset. I gave a promise that if she asked, I would leave her alone for good. As my last question, I asked if she was okay. And I felt her pain in the one look she gave me, I could tell she wanted nothing more than to break down and cry. But she didn't. She's strong because she has to be. I couldn't imagine all this happening to her. But when she spoke to me next, she didn't say leave me alone. She asked me to come with her to check something out. And, after a moment, I agreed.

She drove the car down to a book shop. I didn't say a thing, not wanting to bother her. Poor Robin. I wish I could simply turn away, find someone else to follow around. I want her to be happy and i want her to be safe and protected, but I also want her to be strong. But who the hell am I to tell someone how to be? I just joined the group two days ago and the group seems to be almost disbanded. Israel arrested, Vincent in the hospital(and most likely arrested), Chantel in the fairy world, Robin distraught. I don't know where Ardath is....

Inside the shop, it smelled of old books and parchment. Thats the smell I love the best. Robin asked about books on supernatural creatures and the owner looked at me oddly, telling Robin I was a werewolf. She said she knew and he said that he would help her, but only if I would put on a pair of handcuffs. They were gold and I stepped back, the skin on my palms tingling from the last encounter I had with gold. Robin held up the cuffs as she approached me, her eyes wet, but also determined. I saw real strength there as she told me that if she wanted her to trust me, I'd put them on. I was going to tell her about the gold, how much it hurt, how it burned my skin like fire, but at our eye contact, I simply held out my hands and left her close the cuffs tightly on my wrists as I suffered in silence, my skin blackening at the metals touch. Robin thanked me though. I think that helped a bit.

The bookstore owner, Elliot, gave her a fancy book and told her to call him once a week to let him know she was alive. I worried a bit about that, but I kept quiet. Then Chantel and Israel walked in. The rest was a blur as Chantel was forgiven for something she did to Elliot sixteen years ago(which is, what,when she was a baby?!) I felt Robins anger burning beside me and I saw Tobias standing inside with us. Israel and Tobias were very high. Robin confronted Chantel about her leaving us behind in the Fae realms and she got me uncuffed and lead my by the hand out. I felt my heart beating very fast as I felt Robins own pulse from her wrist as we left the angel and the whatever behind. And soon I realized that her pulse was not for me, but for the book she held. Of course, I'm getting my strength back as the werewolf. I could have been sensing anything....but I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment