Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wolf in the Fold.

Dressed in my(second)best suit, black with red undershirt, I walked into the club with the group. All were dressed fancy. We weren't carded for drinks or for anything like that. Vincent and Robin seemed...close. How close is still depending. We get our drinks and wait.

Mr. Scott has gone into the VIP lounge upstairs. Robin excuses herself to go to the bathroom. The noise of the place was intense, but the smells...booze, sweat, arousal...all crashed down on me. I wish this was a smoking bar. At least when I'm smoking I can numb some of the smells. Then one of the group mentions that Robin went upstairs. Like idiots we run headfirst into the trap. We freeze. We can't move. A group of people, waving their hands and chanting in some ancient language. Chantelle seemed to recognize some of them.

Then, something snaps in me. I'm not something that can be contained. I can't be bullied, beaten or cowed. I let the wolf out of its cage, ripping my shirt off and shedding my human form. My hair grows. My eyes go completely blue. My legs bend and claws extend. My jaws contort and grow lupine. My teeth grow.

Israel transforms, growing enormous wings, the spirit of wrath. Robin is running for the door, Ardath seems to grow more beautiful. I charge forward, growling and towering over normal men and screaming women and slash at Mr. Scott, who is leaking dark energy like a sieve. My claws rake him, but soon I realize he is not the greatest threat, the one who is the strongest, the one I must dominate to show my strength. I turn to face Israel. An angel on earth, a true challenge, something to show that I am the pack leader. I leap at him....and never connect. He strikes out, knocking me through the wall. I feel my back break and my neck snap as  I strike a rooftop miles away. I wake up the next morning naked, but alive. The curse does not let you die. Believe me, I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment