Monday, March 24, 2014

In Which a Betrayal is Felt and a Friendship is Broken.

When I got back, Robin was finishing a story. Her eyes had a sad, haunted look in it and I had to fight the urge to go to her, to hold her hand. She's Vincents. She's not going to be mine. I had figured that out by now. I told her that I was sorry and I was sure Vincent would be here to help her soon. But for some reason, that didn't comfort her. If anything, it made her look sadder. She wouldn't even look at me. I guess I only hurt people. I'm no good at looking after them. Vincent should have been here. Where the hell was he?

The troll picked us up on his back and carried us when Chantel stated she wanted to face Leanne(which, I guess, is the fancily dressed fae woman) and we were taken to her presence. She was beautiful and frightening. Even my inner wolf was creeped out. Chantel said truth or dare to Leanne and Leanne asked about a book. I was confused when Chantel pulled one out. I didn't recognize it, but Robin did, because she gasped in horror and I HEARD her heartbeat pick up. I felt excitement, anger. Betrayal. Nostalgia. This book was Robins and Chantel had stolen it. I had to fight the urge to transform and tear Chantels book arm off. Leanne made an offer for our freedom. That Chantel sleep with her.

Robin screamed at Chantel, saying that it was a bad idea. How fucked up it was , I could tell that her heart was breaking, but I remained silent. If I was Vincent, I would have been able to convince Chantel. I would have been able to be there for Robin. But I'm not. Chantel and Leanne walked off together and the troll showed up. He offered to carry us back and we were free. I tried to give a word of comfort and kindness to Robin, but I don't think she heard me. The troll raised a gate and we entered. The troll was with us, back in Toronto(I could tell by the smell). The troll was a huge biker guy now. And Robin...I nearly teared up as she begged him to promise not to kill anyone. He agreed, but only if he was the one she called if she wanted someone dead. And she promised him that.

We went to grab Chantels keys. With her in Neverland, she sure as hell doesn't need them. Dean showed up and he looked fine, despite being the Human Torch the last time we saw him. He was talking to me, saying that Israel, Robin, Vincent, all of them...that they were weak, that I was strong and I didn't need them, that I should leave them behind. I told him the truth. They were freaks, monsters, oddballs....but they were the only friends I had. And good or bad times, I was sticking with them.

Robin and I got in the car as she called Vincent. She seemed scared and she was asking where he was. I tried to listen in using my senses, but I was cut off as a bunch of bikers encircled the car. Robin sped off fast, leaving them behind as we drove...I guess towards her house. The cops then showed up. What the hell were we going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment