Monday, March 24, 2014

Everything's beautiful....in the green.

The most amazing forest I had ever seen. Beautiful. Huge. Old. I could feel it even if I had lost my wolfish senses. It was amazing and huge and I wanted to see every part. Robin was there and Chantel with us. I didn't know where Israel and Vincent were and I didn't care. I tried to offer Robin help up, but Robin shrugged me off. I guess I still unnerved her. I tried to ask her why she was treating me like a bad guy, I had apologized and I had lost part of myself. I showed her the scar across my stomach from getting cut in half and Robin got....flustered. She blushed anyway. I don't know what feelings she was having with my senses gone, but I felt she was coming over.

As we walked, I saw it. A bridge and down below, a pool of water. Over it, the moon, unbelievably, was reflected. The phases of the moon passed and went and I knew I had the power, to become my wolf form again. All I had to do was bathe in the waters. Wash away the dust. As I approached the river, something huge came up. It was big. It had skin like stone. It was a troll, no question. As his very manner threatened violence, I tried to use fairy tale logic, saying my brother, who was slightly bigger, would come soon if he let me by. But he was obviously well versed in the myth, as he laughed off my story. Robin tried to grab me, to convince me to stay human and there was definite warmth in her touch and worry in her eyes and I felt my stomach flip flop a little, but I also knew something else. That without the wolf, I wouldn't be worthy of anyones notice. So, though it killed me, I pulled myself from her grasp and faced the troll. He said he would let me pass if I became like him, merged with him, became a were troll. But I wasn't going to let him lay the rules down. So I ran to the pool and washed the dust away, bathing away the cursed fairy dust. And suddenly I smelled everything. I could smell the forest, the water, the air. And it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment