Tuesday, May 6, 2014

In which a spirit connection is formed, or, In which the mortal goes wild.

I went to see Robin. It was the right thing to do, she probably had been worried about me after I left the burger joint. For some reason, I felt happy for that. Its nice knowing someone cared for you and was there if you needed them. I'd be there for her if she needed me and I didn't have to bother her for my dumb problems.

JJ and I said see you later and I walked out to where Robin sat next to a boy. The boy I recognized as Jack. Her ghost brother. No longer a ghost. I didn't understand it, but I saw something I hadn't seen since before the funeral, before the fairy world, before Robin and I had become friends or she had even known my name. Happiness. It was there on her face as she laughed and talked to her brother, as she held him close and stared at him unblinking, as if she was afraid that when she closed her eyes or turned away, he would be gone. I couldn't fault her for that. I wish I could say I just walked away, that I simply let her have her moment with Jack, that I was not selfish or needy, but I needed to see her. And I did, walking up to her on the stairs. She asked about the blood, but I insisted it was nothing she had to worry about yet. I reminded Jack who I was and where we had met, how he had been a ghost and Robin looked at me with a warmth in her eyes I had not seen but for Vincent. I told her how glad I was for her to see her happy and she did something that surprised me. She stood up, walked down her front steps and hugged me tight. I felt her press against me, warm and sweet and alive and her scent was intoxicating. I felt like I was going to kiss her then, hold her close and inhale her scent forever, but not with her brother watching. I told her how I had smelled the scents of fear, apprehension and guilt and they increased in an instant. I could hear her heart pounding and smell the sheen of sweat on her smooth skin and she said I was mistaken, a bit hurriedly, I noticed. I decided that I would leave it alone. Robin doesn't need any more worries on her plate. Knowing I can smell her must make her a bit nervous. Jack made a mention of leaving us alone and Robin pulled away. I let her only grudgingly. She was nervous as a Chihuahua as she talked to Jack, letting him know he wouldn't be leaving her sight again. She said she wanted to go on a walk with me, but she was of two minds. Half of her wanted to walk and talk with me, half of her wanted to stay with her brother and protect him from all harm. She told him to lock himself inside and only open up for her and then she took my hand and walked with me down the street.

We talked of different things, dumb things, things that weren't important and we were enjoying it. We avoided Vincent, Natalie and even Chantelle and the new girl, which I was grateful for and talked music, new movies and shows each of us had to watch. The time came that we walked through the woods and I was talking about something. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Then Robin pushed me up against a tree and kissed me deeply and passionately. I felt her lips on mine, and then we were on the forest floor, undressing, kissing, nipping, touching, giving each other our all. Robin...everywhere was Robin. Her scent, her taste, her love. Her love most of all was there.

Under the trees, I felt the bond form, a spiritual connection, more powerful than anything Vincent could ever have had with her, as strong as the brand of links of the chain burned into my skin, which Robin kisses at as she lies against me, her smells too strong to tell apart. I was the worthy one, the loved one. They all called me puppy, doggie, wolfboy. I'd be her dog if she let me. I'd be whatever she wanted me to be. I'll be a wolf, a dog or even a human.

I'm in love with her. I know I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment