Tuesday, May 6, 2014

In which the decision is made(for better or worse).

Caleb. Wolfboy. Dog. Puppy. These are the names that the group(apart from Robin, bless her heart)call me. Trying to insult me. To be cruel. To get me angry and laugh as I suppress the beast within. Even Eve, whoever the hell she is. What business is it of hers what I am? And how does she know?

 I didn't feel the cold air as JJ drove fast and far, following my directions to the house, with the other werewolves behind me. This is my pack. Not Eve. Not Chantelle. Not Israel. And not Vincent. NEVER Vincent. The Pack is family. And the only person who has shown themselves to be my family are JJ and Robin. They care about me. I hope they do.

I sent the werewolves to surround the place. It was almost dark, when vampires were strongest. I needed to be quick and finish this. As I cradled the handle of the knife, I remembered how Robins mother had looked as her lifes blood dripped through her fingers. I only wish Vincent was here to see what I did to his mother.

I put my foot through the door and entered. Natalie was there, along with some guy. I made some excuse about official business and told him not to get in the way. Natalie made some small talk and tried to look into my eyes. I felt my mind burn and my fingers twitch and I struggled to keep in control. I struck then, my pack with me. Once, twice, three times the blade flew. Natalie fought back, but I was in a rage. I stabbed into her chest, the blade lodged there. I could feel it slide between her rib cage. A simple twist sideways and up and she'd be dead. The knife was there. My hand was there. I was so strong. I was stronger than Vincent, Natalie, *I*was the hero! Not that sword wielding shit Israel, not Vincent with his mind games, me! And then I felt the past stir.

I was younger. A moon hung in the sky as I transform for the first time, my eyes glowing scarlet in the darkness of my bedroom mirror. Later, a golden chain burns my hands permanently with the pattern of the links as I kill the first girl I ever loved, strangling her to protect others from her. I know the feeling of wanting freedom to do what you wish, the same that Vincent got when he merged with the demon. It happens every time I transform, the freedom to fight, hunt, kill, take what you want and give nothing back.

I thought of Robin, beautiful, full of love that was now hidden behind a miasma of pain and protectiveness. I thought of vengeance, trying to justify my actions, but I knew that if Robin saw me now, she would hate me, as I would be no different than Vincent, the one she loved and hated. And what happened after Natalie died? Would the vampires be free to roam and feed? Would the werewolves be the same or worse? And who would be the ones to deal with them if not us? The vampires were a danger, yes, but they also kept the balance. I gave my threat "You owe me"and was gone into the night. JJ seemed to understand, but the others...they're not my pack, so I don't know what they feel. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment